life with kids

Tonight we sent Claire off to Tennessee with our church youth group.  She will be gone for 8 days doing a construction missions trip, and it dawns on me just now that I don't even know where Tennessee is in relationship to Iowa.  Good grief.  Am I too naive or dumb or very trusting?  I just put her on a bus!  Roger drove off at the same time I was taking Claire to the bus.....in our RV...with Jeremiah and Precious.  They will park our RV in my dad's driving way to practice.....and I will join him tomorrow.    Tomorrow I'm taking Josiah to his birth family for awhile.  They are all getting together for Father's Day and asked if he could come....so he and I (and Isaac) will stop there for a bit over noon hour and hopefully get some photos of him with his bio relatives....and then head to the lakes to meet up with the rest of the family.

I need to stop the narrative for a bit. Today I took everyone but Claire (and dad) to Isaac's game.  We also took a couple extra Kredits cuz that's what we do.....and I took out my camera that has been dormant for way too long.  Isaac pitched....and I took some photos....and he batted....and I took some photos.....and I have determined that I need to keep my camera out all summer.  Time is going too fast.  Phone photos are not the same as real photos.....so my camera and I are gonna spend more time together for the rest of the summer.  We are gonna watch my sweet children do life and try to capture the best of it so that I can savor it all........

It was hot at the ball game.  Really hot.  I have a sunburn.  I put sunscreen on the kiddos but I wanted to FEEL the sun....so now, at 10:30.....I'm still feeling it.  Silly Me.  Oh well.....it feels like summer.

4 Tweener boys have been in my pool just now in their compression shorts cuz they didn't bring swimsuits over.  They all biked to the movie theater and then came here for a sleep-over...and I just love that we can have the house they all come to!  This crew is trouble for sure.....its Isaac and his best buddies.  They tend to not sleep when they are together.....but tonight, while they were in the pool,  I stacked the diffuser with oils.  Shhhhhh.  They will never know!  I put in a power-house blend of sleepy oils and I bet it will work.  It is diffusing now.  he he he.  Shhhhh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware