tonight

I so wish I had a photo to share with you of my 2 daughters tonight at their dance recital.  I wish I had one of them together smiling backstage....and separately in their routines.  Dance is one of those crazy "want not need" activities.....and for 9 months or so they go to class and learn their craft and their choreography.....and then for 2 days, we do performance in June.  It is expensive.  It is unnecessary....or maybe it isn't.  Maybe it is necessary.

Claire danced her first routine and my throat got tight and I almost got tearful tonight.  She is a beautiful dancer.  She is a beautiful girl anyway, inside and out....but when she dances....when Claire dances? ......I see something more in who she is.  Dance is important for Claire because it reveals something deep and beautiful and important in her.  If you have seen her dance, you understand.  If not.....well.....you are missing out.

Precious Maryn spends most days vascillating between hyper mania and passionate tears and worry and anxiety.  When she has her make-up and costume on and she marches out on stage....we see her.  We see Precious.  We see attitude and spunk and confidence and pleasure.  She is happy.  We are happy watching her.  She is special....she is significant.  She matters so, so much.

So.

Tonight, I'm spending a few moments and pauses at the end of busy recital week, and the first day of summer.  It's late.  I should go to bed and I will really soon....but after sitting and watching the recital, finally, I deserve these moments to savor my daughters.  I sat with 5 of Claire's friends tonight.  Roger stayed home with the Kredit boys.  Last night and this afternoon I was a backstage mom, helping.  Tonight I got to watch and enjoy.  And so I did.

I don't have the photos for this blog because I forgot the daggum camera.  I meant to grab it and sit and take good photos of my girls on stage.  In the hour I was home......that didn't happen.  Thank you Grandpa and Grandma Kredit, Grandma Mary, Laura and Jenny, Rick and Nana.....for coming to recital.  It matters to my daughters and it matters to me in ways that are hard to explain.

We will take a dance break for summer and we will sign up again in the fall.  It doesn't even matter that it costs so much.  It pays more than it costs on nights like tonight for me.  My girls.....they danced their hearts out tonight and I was blessed and favored because I saw it.  I enjoyed it.  I applauded it.  The dance stuff is still in the car.  We came home in an Iowa June thunderstorm......we will deal with it later.

OK.  without a photo.....I can now put it to bed.  Dance 2015.....in the books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware