Happy Father's Day

Father's Day weekend, 2015 was busy!  I took Claire to the church to load a bus for a missions trip in Tenissee for the week.  Roger took Jeremiah and Precious in the RV to Okoboji for a practice run as campers. I  saac went to the movies with friends and they all came over for a moonlight swim and sleep over.....and I cut and sliced freshly picked strawberries for the freezer.  Saturday Isaac and I took Josiah to visit his birth family who were having a reunion in a town near by.  I was nervous about how that would go but they were all so sweet and warm and loving to him and to us......and they really do feel like family.  (Adoption is crazy that way.)  I think we will visit with his relatives more and more as time goes on.  They are important to him and to me.  After our visit there, we headed to Okoboji to meet up with dad and the grands and the other kids.....and went to the beach.  Oh....the beach.  Sand and sun and water.....birds and a cool lake breeze......I could have sat there all day and night......but we left so we could go enjoy dinner and paddle boating and fishing and a bonfire.....and sleeping in the RV of course!  Sunday I took the littles back to the beach for awhile and watched them learn to play beach-style....with increasing creativity and ingenuity.....and I just sat in awe of their sweet little lives.

We had Claire first.  She made Roger a dad....and she is off doing mission work with our church.  We had 2 boys next, who would carry on the Kredit name, and have middle names Earl and Calvin for family........and then there are those last 2.......

Both Precious and Josiah had mamas who loved them.  They may have stayed with those mamas if their bio daddies had decided to claim them and raise them and be a part of their lives.  Neither did.  Therefore.........God decided.....that Roger Earl Kredit should be their father.  He brought these 2 to our family so that they could not just know a mother's love, but a father's love.  The father's love....through their earthly daddy.  It mattered for Precious Maryn and Josiah Christian that they grow up with both a mom and a dad....and that is why they are here.  Their future and their destiny require that they have a father.

So.

Happy Father's day to my husband and partner for life, Roger.  I cannot fathom doing life with anyone else.  You are such a good father.  Our 5 children have no idea how high a bar you have set for their future spouses and children.  You quietly and steadfastly serve the Lord and others and you don't complain and you don't yell.....and even when you cannot sleep at night because you are stressed out......your children never, ever suffer.  Thank you.

Happy father's day as well to my dad, Buzz.  It was so good to be with you this weekend!  And to my father-in-law Ken for being just generally awesome.....and to my step-dad Rick for being such an example of a Godly man.  All of the fathers in my life are daily helping me to understand my Heavenly Father better.

Lord, You are the best and original Father.  To you, most of all, Happy Father's Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware