11. Kristian Stanfill - Even So Come (S5)

I've been hearing this song on the radio lately.  It has power.  Recently when I heard it I had to pull the car over on the road and just worship.  Listen to the words.....the melody.  It is relevant.  Yesterday I was chatting with a grandpa at baseball practice in town.  He was in his 70s.....with a rather thick Dutch brogue...(accent)....and had immigrated to the US at age 9.  His parents had hidden from the Germans during the Holocost......sorry.  I didn't spell that right.  Anyway......this grandpa told me he had recently started studying Eschetology.....and asked if I knew what that was.  I said, "yes.  its the study of End Times....and I believe we are in the beginning birth pangs of that time"  and he said something like this....."well, if you say that then you are more ready and you know Jesus and you are paying attention" and at the time, I didn't weigh that out. I was at the ball park mid-day with a slew of kids who needed lunch....but yeah.  I am maybe there. I'm for sure there, actually.   I talk to my kids about not denying Jesus.....even if they have to put their head on a chopping block....and that if persecution happens I will soon follow them to Glory.  Never.  Deny. Jesus.  They know this.  So I guess we do live Eschetology in our home.  If you read the news and watch the global weather and such, its not hard to see that things are changing.......and you know what?  God was ready for this.  God has a plan.  We Christians.....we will be ok.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware