we plan to "let it go!" .....for now

Oh Precious Maryn....you are the reason I started to blog.  It started with a prayer and a hope that we could bring a child to our family through adoption.  Because we were open to all races we knew we would be saved for african american babies.  Because Roger and Claire insisted on a girl.....we knew we would eventually be blessed with an African American daughter.  Several times, after we were home-study approved, we were asked if we could have our profile shown for a boy.  Once or twice we said yes, but not more than that....because Roger and Claire were waiting....for you.  Sweet girl....you have such a big personality and you are so intense......and I just love you so, so much.  Tonight I asked you to do a chore and you did not want to....at all....and I gave you time and space....and food.....and respect.  Eventually you tried to do the chore.  Because you are only 5 years old, I decided to reward your best effort.  Please know that I will ask more and more of you despite your inclination for tantrums and meltdowns and fits.  Precious Maryn......you are important..  You are wonderful.....even with sand in your nappy hair and refusing to let me work with your hair........you....in the sand and the water and the sun......it all makes perfect sense.  You have a pass for the summer.  You belong to the sand and the sun and the water......but know this.  In the fall.....we are definitely gonna make a plan for that hair.  We are.  I mean it.  I really, really mean it.  I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware