Psalm 16:8

"I keep my eyes always on the Lord, with him at my right hand, I will not be shaken."

The times when I am shaken, I think that I don't have Him at my right hand.  Perhaps I moved.....or turned away....or lowered my gaze.  When the Lord is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.  I want to live like one who cannot be shaken, no matter what.  I'm not there yet.  I long to be.  Unshakable.  The longer I live under the shelter of His wings, and the more I am willing to say "yes" to his requests.....the braver I am to fix my eyes on Him and not the things of the world.....the closer I get to unshakable.

Not if, but when I am unshakable.....the devil will not be able to rattle my cage so easily.   Adversity and difficulty will roll off my back.  Stress will not be an issue.  When I always, always, always know that He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.  I will be be strong.  Stronger than I am today.

I keep my eyes always on the Lord (I know where He is even when I don't always know where I am)....the Lord is always in my range of sight.....wait.  maybe not always.  Maybe sometimes I keep my eyes on the Lord.  I want to move from sometimes to always.  and strive for......

Unshakable.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware