just looking at the day

Today was a melancholy day.  Not bad, not great.  I chose self care today and did  not wallow in sorrow.  Josiah's birth mom is with Jesus. I just know it.  I'll see her in heaven one day.....and on the anniversary of her death, I mostly just want to remember her life and celebrate her legacy, which is her children.  She had 6 children and all are with loving families....

I worked just enough to pay for daycare, then went for a walk, cooked a meal for a friend, got a massage, cleaned Joe's bedroom.  I ate healthy food and I drank lots of water.  I sang praise songs in my kitchen in a quiet house.....I watched an eagle fly around above the road I was travelling on.  Self care.

It's serendipity that I chose today to "fill my cup".  Tonight, Josiah spiked a temp and has a nasty cough.  Precious is complaining that it is blurry when she tries to read....so she probably needs an appointment with the eye doctor.  Her bio family all wore glasses.  Jeremiah is stressing about projects and big tests tomorrow....so we will start early tomorrow at 6am trying to prepare....Isaac is at the town basketball game, tournament play.  He will get home late.  Claire is at dance.  Roger is sleeping now but up part of every  night either stressing or working.....and me?  well, I did self care today.  I'm ready.  

It may be boring to read the reflections of my day....but for me, it makes all the moments matter.  It is my photograph, my memory of things that pass by too quickly.  I will strive to write something more significant soon.  For tonight, I'm facing a long night with a sick toddler and who really knows what els.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware