Here we go again!

Are we ready for the new push?  The new race?  The new effort?  I am.  Overwhelmingly, I am speachless regarding the support that came for my request for a sleeping cot/bedding for each of the 61 care-giving ayahs at Sarah's Covenant Homes in India.  Overwhelmingly, I am proud and humbled by the care and nurture shown to Sarah and Lindsey when they visited last week.......but there is more work to do, folks.  My fear of man nature says, "don't ask for more....be grateful for what they have done".  and yet, my fear of God says.......the race is not yet complete and the children still have needs.  So.  I'm gearing up for the next effort.  I have a few trailblazers who already sent me checks in faith....and boy oh boy, do I have a cause.  I think it will help if I frame it up a bit.  

One of the needs at SCH right now is a Christmas sari and bonus for each of their employees.  They also need money for the children and school and food and diapers.....but here is why the "expected" bonus/Christmas Sari are important.  In business, we all want to keep our employees happy so that they don't leave, or steal or hurt the business (in this case, the children)......and to maintain good employees, SCH feels passionate about giving a good year-end gift to each woman who works as a caregiver or cook or housekeeper or nurse.  The amount is close to the same as the 61 cots....around $53 will buy each a new sari and give them a cash bonus of around $40 English dollars.  These employees are not wealthy people.  Some are part of the low cast, the "untouchables".....and their work for SCH gives them hope and provision....and ultimately a chance to know Jesus.  

Maybe, if you already gave a donation for a cot, you have an employer.....who could give $53 to do a year end gift for the staff.....as employers do here for their businenss.  It's $53.00.......
if this touches your heart and God nudge you to take your mark......get set....and go......please  consider this next drive to do a year end gift for the employees......so that Sarah can use what other funds she has to feed the kids.  Again.  I am humbled and so, so grateful but know this.  I will continue to ask....not for me....but for the children of India who dont have families and cannot come home to mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware