This is Your Fight Song (Rachel Platten Scottish Cover)

Music.  Late afternoon today I saw this video and was moved by the beauty, the artistry, the passion in it.  I love piano.  I love cello.  I love culture.  I love the new music and I love the old hymns of faith.  I love worship.    Last night I was honored to sit at the Unity Christian High School fall music concert and enjoy band, orchestra, choir and small groups singing.....and it was powerful and it was tender and it was good.  Grace sang and even danced.....Claire played the violin....and Roger stayed home with the rest of the gang cuz high school concerts are not fun with kids who cannot sit.  This morning, I took Precious to the clinic to treat a wart on her knee....for the 4th time in a couple of years.  As we came into the hospital/clinic lobby, I heard beautiful piano music playing and because the lobby is marble/tile/stone, the music echoes everywhere.  As we left the clinic, she was still playing.  I think she was a friend of mine (Susan?) but I didn't get close because I had 3 rowdy children with me.....and she looked so peaceful and worshipful as she played that I did not want to interrupt the communion she was sharing with the Lord and her gift of music.



I am regretful, tonight, that I did not spend more of my youth investing in music.  I was a decent pianist, and played clarinet through my senior year of high school......but music takes so much discipline.  And discipline is something I lack.  I hope that God will plant seeds in my children that will take deep roots, regarding music.  I don't care if its strings or brass, vocals or percussion, but music just matters too much to not pause and surrender the tyranny of the urgent unto it.  ya know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware