cousin Heddy.....

Cousin Heddy, who I don't think I have ever met, was one of the dozens of generous souls who responded to my plea for help buying cots for Indian elderly women who care for the abandoned special needs kiddos there.  Responses have come from Kansas, Minneapolis, Iowa and Colorado....and as the checks come in I am just in of God's power to move the hearts of so many.  I love this ministry so, so much.....and I love all of you for partnering with me.  Cousin Heddy, today, you moved my heart even more.  With your check was the sweetest note......and I am so grateful for your words.

Cousin Heddy spoke about my grandma Wilma and her memories of being in my Grandmother's home with 8 children and Grandma always in the kitchen cooking and doing laundry......she gave me a vivid picture of my grandma who I miss so much......as a kind woman who worked hard and labored for her family and made everyone feel so welcome.....and she said that she imagined I was like her.  She said that Grandma Wilma's house was fun....and full of life....and crazy busy.  That does sound like my house.

Comparing me to Grandma Wilma is very high praise.  Thank you, Cousin Heddy and bless you for reminding me of a truth I intend to proclaim.....never forget where you came from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware