Psalm 16:2

"I say to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing'."-psalm 16:2

Father God.....You are my Lord.  You are the boss.  You are the one with the final say in everything.  I can argue and I can drag my feet and I can avoid eye contact with  you sometimes.......but at the end of the day, its only You.  My lack of obedience or lack of courage to step out of the boat and walk on water come from my weakness.......and conversely whenever I get it right in your Will.......it is because of your strength.

I spent a season apart from the Lord a couple decades ago.  I learned in that experiment that apart from Him I have no good thing.  Not one.

Psalm 16:2 gets a Yes! and Amen! from me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware