Psalm 16:5

"Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure."

I'm trying to strive to hope to attempt......to get in better shape.  Again.  (still).  I enjoy healthy food, and I love to exercise.....but I have a very sedentary lifestyle, meaning I sit alot.  Sit in the car, sit at visits, sit at the office, sit at home with kids, etc.  One of my biggest problems is portions.  I eat too much.  I love food.  Seeing the words that declare that God alone is my portion and my cup make me think of it differently.

If He alone is my portion and my cup......He will give me exactly the right amount.  Of everything.  Of challenge, of grace, of conviction, of love, of hope, of purpose......

He makes my lot secure......no threat.  No question.  No jeapordy.  What an incredible promise.....that the Creator God makes my lot secure.  Not too much, not too little...just right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware