its snowing......

Winter.  Here in the midwest, it starts around Thanksgiving (no matter when the calender date is....or Winter solstice or whatever.....) and doesn't end until late March.   It is only supposed to be about 3 months but it usually feels more like 4.  This is a photo from last year.  We had quite a bit of snow so I got more photos.  This year, so far, the snow has been sparse.  It's snowing now, on January 3.....and I have decided that I enjoy snow.  I may even enjoy winter but I haven't quite examined that yet.  I find that when the snow starts to fall, I get happier and it feels like anticipation.  I like that feeling.  It doesn't matter what is coming next....but when it snows, we all pay attention.  Will the roads get bad?  Will we have a blizzard?  Will they cancel school or church or evening activities?  This busy mama loves a legitimate snow storm so that we can all hit the pause button and just STAY HOME together!  

Snow makes me think of fresh beauty and grace.  Snow offers the grace to survive this cold season and see beauty in it.  Kind of like life in Jesus.  Grace helps us survive the hard things and helps us see beauty in it.....and lets face it.  These days are full of hard things.

I kinda hope it snows all night and we cancel church and just stay home in sweat pants together.  All of the Kredits are in the house tonight.....I'd like to keep it that way....and make yummy comfort food and burn wood in our pot belly stove and play games and pop popcorn the old-fashioned way with oil on the stove.  I probably won't get that lucky.  The forcast is only for an inch or so....but a girl can dream.  Maybe at some point this winter, I will get that snow storm blessing.....and can take some new photos.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware