Monday

Most of the time I really love Mondays.  I love the fresh start to a new week.  I flip the page in my planner and see a blank space, ready for the filling up of activities, events and work.  Most of the time I can lovingly kick all the bodies out of my home by 8am on Monday and send them off to work, school and daycare.  I can tidy up a bit from the weekend of living here.  I can have coffee in solitude.  I can not speak to anyone for an hour or two and just reset all of my buttons of self-regulation.  I can read my bible and meditate on the scripture from the sermon in church yesterday....I can pray and ask the Lord for all that is needed for the week ahead. 

This Monday was not like most Mondays.  Since I have not yet created a "Monday survivors support group"....I guess I'll just vent a blog.  Barf some thoughts.  Bleed out some sarcasm and disconnected feelings.  (I think you get the point.)

Today was rough.  I went to an early morning exercise class for the first time in about 7 years.....wow am I out of shape.  I can hardly wait for tomorrow morning to see how much I hurt. 

Someone I love got disappointing news today.  The prayer requests I received were hard.  Someone I have been worried about told me to not come around anymore....so I have to find a way to stop being worried because this person does not want my help or influence.....and for a nurse and healer that is particularly painful.  One of my kids was up in the middle of the night so both the child and I have not gotten good sleep.  My littles have been fighting about everything.  My credit card wouldn't pay for my prescriptions today at the pharmacy.  When I checked out at the grocery store the clerk noticed that my cart was not as full as usual.  She actually said that.  Like...."He Niki!  What's up?  Not a very full cart today?"   I often need 2 carts when I check out.  I said, "funny you should notice!  Our basement fridge quit working last week so I cannot buy enough milk and other foods for the week.  I can only buy what my stupid old measly little fridge can handle....so I'll be back in about 3 days thank you very much...."

It's been a less than happy Monday.

Yet.  and Still.  The sun was shining and the sky was blue.  We had a home and transportation and food today.  We had some laughter and we had some tears that showed how much we feel and love here.  We watched a soccer game and ate some gummy worms.  We have so many clothes that I need to do laundry tonight.  We have school tomorrow so we need to have a good bedtime tonight.  We have good things in life. 

I won't mind shutting down Monday in an hour or two.  I hope to wake up tomorrow and welcome Tuesday......and maybe take an extra hour from my busy schedule to sit in my quiet house alone and drink coffee and read my bible.....

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware