Fund-raising dinner tomorrow!

Tomorrow we have the fund-raising dinner for Claire's next trip to Haiti.  Together with another teen from our church, we are preparing a meal for our regular church night group as well as anyone who wants to come and eat and support these girls.  These things require a lot of planning, organizing and commitment.  It is not easy.

This is Claire and Witney, the boy we sponsor at One Vision, Haiti. 

The reward comes in the blessings of God's people.....when He is for it, He blesses it through others.  Claire and Kylee are experiencing this blessing.  A friend donated the meat and is preparing it.  Another church friend donated the buns because they believe this is what we do as Christians, and especially to bless the youth of our church......people have donated cookies and bars.......and another friend has invested her time, and prayer and leadership skills to pull this thing off because Kylee's mom and me....well......we are super busy.  This friend allows us to partner with our daughters and help them be sent out in Jesus name.

It would be so easy to not do these things.  To go to work and get paid and not ruffle the feathers of my days....but it is in the ruffling that I find the beauty.  My job will be there, needing me to show up for days and weeks and years.....long after Claire has graduated, gone to college, moved out as an adult.  Tomorrow matters.  Tomorrow I mother her into her third trip to Haiti this year because she is compelled by God to go and love those kids and be a part of this community.

I have talked with my second child, asking him to pray and search his heart and find his....thing.  The thing that makes him feel like He is working with the Lord, that he feels compelled to do......for the Kingdom.  I want him to have a "thing" like Claire has Haiti.  I want to partner with him in his thing and help him serve the Lord in it.  So far, he hasn't identified a thing yet.  I am praying God gives him one.  It doesn't need to be in another country, or even another town.  I just pray God shows him something bigger than himself to make his heart beat faster.

If I can be 5 for 5 with kids who know what their "thing" is, and can live out a calling in Jesus name for that thing.....well.  That would be sweet.  In the mean time....I will work on seeing this benefit dinner through for Claire......and if you are reading this and are part of the blessing for my girl please know how grateful we are.....and how much you matter.  Thank you.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware