Take Heart....


John 16:33New International Version (NIV)

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Take heart.  I heard this whisper in my spirit this morning, as I was driving to work, admiring the white fields, covered with snow.  I was thinking about the people I know who love winter and snow.....and conversely, the people who cannot stand winter and are miserable until it is over.  I like winter.  I like it when winter is over.  Take heart.  Take heart, my beloved, because this is a season and it will pass.....and when the season of winter is finished, springtime comes.  The snow melts.  The rains start in the Midwest.  Little green buds pop out of the Earth and hang from tree branches, promising to bloom into leaves and flowers and plants.......take heart.  He tells us, in John 16 that he tells us these things (he gives us the seasons that we can expect and predict and understand) so that we can have peace.  This world has trouble.  We have trouble.  We get coughs and colds in winter.  We slip on the ice.  We sometimes have a blizzard with 2 snow days in the middle of the week and the children take over the house.....and make me crazy.....and then they don't sleep well.....and I'm exhausted, frustrated, anxious about the workload piling up, the laundry, the messy bedrooms, toys everywhere........oh wait.  I digress.  Take heart.  Take heart my beloved, in this world we will have trouble but He.......He has overcome the world.  All of it.  Blizzards, rainy seasons, summer fun, autumn beauty.......One Man who was equally human and God......overcame THE WORLD.

Take heart, my sweet people who are aching to grow your families through birth or adoption....I am praying for you.  The road seems impassible and impossible.....but take heart.  He has this.  Take heart, my friends who are struggling with marriage, finances, contentment, pride vs. humility.  You are not alone.  Take heart.  He has overcome the world. 

Next week is Valentine's Day with lots of hearts and love and sweetness.....I like this verse from John 16.  Have peace.  Take Heart.  He's got this.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware