My Sunday in reverse....end of the day reflection.

1.  I got a new pillow recently.....with our Kohl's 30 percent off.....accidently, we ordered a child size but that's ok.  It tucks in nicely under my neck.  Anyway.....Precious found it tonight.  She wanted it.  I told her she had to buy it with kisses.  We both came out ahead on that transaction.

2.  Grace is looking at colleges and major and trying to reconcile the recommendations of her tutors in Korea, to her parents' expectations, to her gifts and talents....and my advice was this.  "Grace.  God created you to be Grace and to do a job for him, not for Korea.  If you can make money and have a good life and take care of people you'll be fine with the Lord.".....(totally gonna get kicked out of the foreign exchange program at the high school.......Korean success and Niki's life philosophy don't mesh.)

3.  Precious and her friend Tiki swam in the frigid pool today then started a bath.  Little Josiah joined them.  I went downstairs for about 12 minutes to change laundry and talk to Claire.....and heard the dripping in the basement bathroom.  The littles had flooded the upstairs bath.  I went up and picked the lock and opened the door.....bubbles and water from wall to wall......I went momentarily ballistic....then called the teens in to look and they took photos.....and I stopped shreeking.....and used half a dozen towels to clean up.  Laundry much?

4.  The boys checked their backpacks at my prompting and homework got done.

5.  Littles are clean.  (smile......and sarcasm)

6.  Dogs were walked.  Roger and I napped.

7.  Called my dad and step-mom tonight....and sat outside....and took lots of deep breaths of fresh air.

8.  Fed 2 college boys Sunday dinner.

9.  Made it to church early and worshipped God Almighty.

10.  Had 2 cups of perfect coffee this morning.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware