and then there are days like today.....

James 1:17 says this:  "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Sometimes our opinion changes, our priority changes, our mood changes like shifting shadows.....but not God the Father.  He does not change like shifting shadows.  He is steadfast and trustworthy to always care for us, lead us, challenge us and move us.  He lives in the light and never in the shifting shadows.......

Many days, my faith is like shifting shadows....strong one minute, weak the next.  Confident and ready for spiritual battle, and then beaten down and full of shame and failure.  I yearn for and reach for the strength that comes from the Father......who does not change.....like shifting shadows.  His mission is always the same.  His desire does not change.  True religion is to care for the widow, the orphan and the poor in our midst.(James 1:27)  It is.  It always has been and it will be until Jesus returns.

Because I call him Father......I get to join him in this.....and learn to one day not change like shifting shadows.  And.  He loves me.  He delights in me.  He sends really good gifts from above.......

Today was a good and perfect gift.  I had the front row seat,  watching the kingdom of God expand hour after hour as my friends Sarah and Lindsay shared the story of SCH and the special kids in India......right here in my home town.  Years ago, Sarah and I became friends as she began her work rescuing abandoned special needs children in India....and we began our story of adoption, as we waited for Precious Maryn to join our family.  Today, Sarah came to my town, my world, my family.....and heaven grew.  Exponentially.  I know God is pleased.  I can feel it.

There is so much more work to do.  Their budget, to care for these 167 special needs children, is over $800,000 a year,  All of their funding comes from folks like you and me.  These are the Lord's children.....rescued and being restored in the name of Jesus.....covenanted to God himself.....from backgrounds of non-Christian families....we are responsible for them.  At least I am......because I decide every day to practice the true religion.....the one that cares for the widow, the orphan and the poor among us.

Because the Lord owns everything, he could just miraculously provide for these kids.....but we need Him enough to do our part.  He longs to give us the good and perfect gift days that come when we choose to help someone outside of our little life circle.....He will gift us if we bless them.....in days like today.  Please, please, don't just read this and move on.  Purpose yourself to invest here, in SCH, in these children.  Your good and perfect gift is right around the corner....your day is coming.....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware