To sell or keep the RV......

This monster has been on the driveway since we got home from our road trip on August 2.  It's big in the parking lot but its bigger on our driveway.  We only have a 2 stall garage......on a busy street.....with no extra parking.  We have spent a month discussing whether to keep or sell it.  If we keep it, we have to find a way to store it....and make payments on the loan.  If we sell it, we can say it served us well for our vacation and close the door on that part of our family adventure.  That's the concrete version of this or that......and here's my version.


Having this Hurricane on the driveway all summer was cumbersome and inconvenient.  But.  Occasionally.....or maybe frequently......Precious would want to just go hang out there and watch a show on an IPAD in the quiet......or the little kids would go play house in there so that I could fix lunch or vacuum.  Several times (including tonight in an hour or so) I snuck out there for a full night's rest all by myself with no kids or dogs or noises.......and a few times during the day I hid in there as well, just to have a few moments alone.  If we sell it.......where.....will.....I....go?     Also, as I scroll through the photos of our vacation this summer, I am in awe of all we saw and did.  None of this would have been possible without this mode of travel.  We had the best vacation ever.....and maybe there could be more trips in the future if we kept it.  But.  Would we take them?  Could we get everyone committed to leaving for a week or two next summer?  

We work hard and want vacation and we have busy kids involved in lots of stuff......is it selfish and unrealistic to keep it?  It's an old RV.....and it suits us.....but its too expensive for most folks to rent it.  To sell or keep the RV......what will happen?  I don't know, but for tonight.......I'm feeling tired and fragile and spent.  It's still in the driveway today so tonight I'm gonna steal away and go sleep in it all by myself.  Its ours for today yet.  If we can work it out, we will keep it and gear up for next summer......and maybe some fall/spring trips as well.  If not......we will send it on its way with blessing.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware