home or away....

Sometimes I forget why I don't like to be gone at night....I mean.....sometimes I wonder why I tend to decline invitations to be gone at night and just stay home.  I no longer have standing appointments or activities in the evening.  I'm home at night.  Mostly.  But......school has begun and our older kids have stuff at night!  Tonight was a home football game for Claire and her dance team performed at half time.  Following the game was a bonfire with the new dance coach and the dance team and their families.  I had the sense to find a sitter for the littles....thank you so much Murray and Fonda Hulstein.

We got the kids home at 10:45 and they were awake.....so that was a deal.  The dogs had been without human contact or care.....another deal....and I had had a diet Coke at the tail gate supper.....so yea......I'm awake.

Claire is just now home at 12:30am from the dance.  I was kind of waiting up to talk to her about her day and the weekend ahead.....since I won't see her again until Monday evening but she just slammed the door and said, "mom I'm gonna go to bed".....so I guess we aren't gonna have that chat.

Tomorrow night I'm staying home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware