resolutions anyone?

At the end of 2016 I'm trying to sort out some priorities.  What to do less of, what to do more of, etc.  I was invited to do a group bible study that sounded really awesome but would require more of a commitment and when I tried it last year I failed big time.....so for this season, I'm giving that a "less" vote.  Do less group bible study.  I did very little time alone with God, meditating on His Word and listening to Him......so I'm going to make that a "more" for the new year.

I did less socializing last year with friends, meaning going out with other adults for lunch or dinner or drinks,  to the movies, etc.  I'm switching that to more for 2017.  I did plenty of minutes on facebook and watching prime time television this past year.  Hoping to move that to the "less" category for 2017.

More exercise.  Less sugar and carbs.  More reading.  Less sitting.  More sleeping.  Less......Jimmie Falon.  I know, I know.  More intentional time with my husband and children.  Less relying on the ipads and movie channel.

Basically, I want to look at the minutes of my days and adjust things in a healthier, more balanced way.  Some time giving and serving and sacrificing, but some time filling up my cup, too.  I hope the result will be less stress and more joy.  That's the goal.

Every year, I seem to find a greater list of what I am grateful for, and a smaller list of things I want.  Every year I owe it to myself to look at how I am doing life, and how my life appears in God's eyes.  I want to be found faithful.  I want to be favored in the eyes of the Lord.  Flaws, mistakes, weaknesses will always be there but if I am yearning and longing, searching and trying to be the best version of myself over and over, I know He favors me.  So I will be honest with myself as I finish 2016 and I will set some really awesome goals (aka resolutions) for 2017 and I will press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.....and I know that I know that I know that He will reward my best effort.  And yours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware