storms

  I found a few minutes of solitude this morning.  As in so many other households, the mornings are crazy and rushed.....getting all the littles and middles up and dressed and fed, factoring in the extras that are invited in for a bowl of cereal and company as they wait for the bus.....and then realizing we are late but someone has to poop.....and we can't find the sneakers......

I found myself praying into my hands that covered my face, "Jesus please help".....even though it wasn't to save a life or solve world peace....it was just to find the shoes so I could get them all out the door on time.  He helped.  He got in the boat with me and we got the kids launched....and the dogs fed.....and I had some breakfast...and behold.....I had a few minutes to read and pray and worship this morning.  

Mark 6:48-51......He saw the disciples straining at the oars, because the wind was against them.  About the fourth watch of the night he went out to them, walking on the lake.  He was about to pass by them, but when they saw him walking on the lake, they thought he was a ghost.  They cried out, because they all saw him and were terrified.  Immediately he spoke to them and said, "Take courage!  It is I.  Don't be afraid."  Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down.  They were completely amazed.


I am choosing faith over frustration and fear today.  I am believing that He is in the boat with me, calming the storms, inviting me to walk on the water with Him once in awhile so that I can remember how able He is and how much I can trust Him.  Years ago, God told me "you swim in deep water" and I knew it was true and I knew exactly what He meant....and I'm still swimming there because there is a boat nearby....and He gets in the boat with me when I need to rest.  

Where are you this morning?  Swimming?  Walking on water?  Resting in the boat?  Crying out in fear?  Standing on the shore wondering what it would be like out in the lake?  Watching the forcast, waiting for the storms to blow?  Take courage, friend.  Wherever you are it is ok.  He is here.  Don't be afraid.  Turn to Him and see Him beside you....and together we can be completely amazed by our God today.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware