March Aware

 My 2023 word is Aware.  I am striving to end each month with some awareness to keep myself accountable to my word and also to live presently and reflectively.  March 2023......

1.  Cliches are there because of their truth  If March comes in like lion, it goes out like a lamb.  This late afternoon of the last day of March is quiet, mild and gentle.  I'll take it.

2.  This month has been brutal with too much snow and cold and wind and clouds....I am aware that we humans need sunshine and fresh air desperately, especially by March in the midwest. 

3.  I am aware that as the drizzle and cold rain fell today, green grass started to peek through.

4.  I am aware, and remembering, that when children act out and misbehave, sometimes what they really need is connection and attention and some shared delight.  Painting finger and toenails, planting some things in dirt, letting them have a deep and long bath with color tabs, making french fries for supper.  

5.  Awareness of seasons changing...and for me that means a change in how I cook.  Less soups and pans of food in the oven....more salads and fruit and lighter fare....I love cooking with the seasons.  Thinking about a cold pasta salad I really love, and panini sandwiches and things we can pack into a picnic basket and maybe go find a park somewhere soon....

Seasons are changing.  I want to be present and active as March turns over to April....there will be rainy and stormy days in springtime...but also days of sun and birds and bunnies and turning our faces to a warmer sunshine.  That's life, isnt' it?  ready for the hard things but also ready to savor the sweet and lovely moments....aware of each and every bit of all of it....ultimately asking God to be the author and perfector of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware