Precious is turning 7!

This little bitty girl turns 7 tomorrow.  I cannot believe it.  In these first weeks with her, she was sleepless, and sweet and so much to take in.  7 years later, she is sleeping peacefully beside me because she still cannot handle sleeping alone.  Its ok.  We bought a bigger bed.  Her eyes are huge and full of wonder and feeling and significance.  They were from the start.

Precious Maryn, the Lord called you Precious to your birth mom, before you were born.  We honor His name for you and agree that you are, in fact, Precious.

You are smart and sensitive.  You care about others, especially those who are hurting.  You remember absolutely everything.....except what you had for lunch.  Or where your shoes are.  Or what mom asked you to do an hour ago.  You get nervous and anxious very easily.  You worry a lot.  You always find friends to play with, wherever we go.  You are a true extrovert.

You will start first grade in a few days and you will do great.  You will.  I promise.  You will start your new season of dance class in a month, including ballet, tap, hip hop, jazz and tumbling.  All of these because you begged me to do them.  You will cry about doing homework, and about doing hair, and about eating dinner......you will make me crazy many hours of most days.....and you will always be my biggest answer to prayer.

I always wanted to adopt a child....and God gave me you.  I struggled with patience as a new mom to your older siblings and I prayed for Patience....and God gave me you.  I hated the racial ignorance and bad racist jokes and lack of cultural diversity in my community....and God gave me you.  I asked Him to show me His heart, and lead me to what mattered to Him....and God gave me you.

On your 7th birthday, my daughter, I can say Happy Birthday!  I can celebrate you and shower you with all of your favorite things, and make sure you feel special.....but you must know that as I celebrate you.....I also know that You....are My Gift......from Him.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware