a Precious gift today

I owe her this post.  Precious Maryn.......I often share stories of how hard it is to be her mama, how much she struggles with anxiety, ADHD, sensory stuff.....not to mention the transracial stuff, and her really hard hair......but I need to say this tonight.  Not every day with Precious is hard.  Some days are.....wonderful.  Some days, being her mama makes me feel like the luckiest woman in the world.  Today is one of them.  Today, Precious woke up without a fit, and had her ADHD pill and her milk and her chips for breakfast.  I had to take Isaac to the chiro so dad got her on the bus.  After school, we went directly to the dentist for her first real check-up.  This sensory kid feels everything so, so much....but she did everything she was asked to do in the dentist chair from "scooting up" to choosing a flavor for her polish, to x-rays of her teeth, to flossing......and she never lost her composure.  She was so, so brave.  Once home, she listened to the rule to only eat something soft at first......and then used her words to ask for something else later.  We had a good dinner and she ate broccoli and potatoes and even some meat.  I didn't even care that she took her bites running around the table.  She ate real, whole, healthy food.  These are victories in our home.  

Just now, we were settling in for sleep.  She'd had her melatonin, been rubbed down with oils, and went potty.  We said prayers and were quietly talking about life.  I asked her, "what do you want to be when you grow up?  do you still want to be a firefighter?"  She said, "I don't know.  I guess I want to be whatever God wants me to be.".  Yes.  She really did say that.  She's six years old....and she is paying attention to what we say, what we pray, what we know....that the Lord is in control of the destinies of everyone here.  Oh, sweet child.  Some days with you are so very hard.....but today was not one of them.  Today was pure joy and sweet pleasure.  Thanks, Precious.  Mama needed today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware