Here is one of the things cousin Harlan said we should do.  Hike down a mountain trail to see this waterfall.  We found the spot but then Roger and I got out and walked down.  Ken said he would drive the other kids to us....and Josiah was asleep so Grandma Dee agreed to stay along the road in the RV with him.  When we got to the entry of the hike, grandpa drove past, not seeing us....so Roger and I decided we should just do the hike and find the rest of the fam later......I had to swallow worry to do that, but I trust my dad in law, and my kids....and so we headed down.  We made it to the falls and it was so beautiful and worth it....and breathless...and humbling.  Half way up, the kids found us.  Grandpa doubled back and so I went back down with them (only part way....I was completely winded)......and Precious, Claire, Isaac, and Jeremiah hiked all the way down and all the way back up from this place.  I am so proud of them for doing it....and so grateful that I got to do it with my husband. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware