dog update....

So far, in 5 months of being the owner of a German Shephard, I have done 2 things correctly. 

1.  Lexi is crate-trained.  When she is barking incessantly, or attacking Jedi, or any combination of those two things with anyone else in this household......we can tell her to "take a break" and put her in her crate for anywhere from 15 minutes to 9 hours. 

2.  We have a nose harness for her leash.  I can now take her for a walk without her pulling hard.  She walks/runs beside us in a calm way.


We have not managed to get her to stop barking, stay out of the pool, not bite toes, not attack people at the door, not jump on people and not grab food from the table.  We have not managed get her to sit or stay for more than a few seconds.  It has been suggested to consider a shock collar and I really, really don't want to go there.  I will if I have to. 

Precious told her tonight, "Lexi, you are my dog.  Some day you will listen to me and sleep with me and I will be in charge of you".  Lexi wagged her big tail and gave P a lick and heaved a sigh.

Whatever.  We can hope, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware