'twas the saturday before Christmas and all through the house.....

Today was a rare Saturday in the Kredit family.  We didn't have a swim meet or a ball tournament or a dance competition.....so we woke up and lingered in jammies.....and sipped coffee....and snuggled.  Then we breathed a collective sigh......and got to work cleaning.  And cleaning.  And organizing.  And Cleaning.  Everyone helped.  It was epic.  Claire was having some friends over tonight.....so she even cleaned.  We had Christmas music playing in 3 different areas, candles burning, soup on the stove.  What an absolutely wonderful day for this mama......

I urged, begged, pushed and cheered Roger on to take the kids to the rec center after lunch.  I need a minute (or 60) to wrap some gifts and do some late Christmas shopping at Walmart.  Yes.  Walmart.  We live in a small town and that's all I had.  Don't go there.  I spent about 90 minutes saying "excuse me" to other shoppers I banged into as we weaved up and down the isles....and got absolutely everything on my list by 4:30pm.  Including replacement dusting spray, toilet bowl cleaner, tooth paste for dad and sleep diapers.....and dog food.....and goldfish food.....and us food for Sunday brunch tomorrow.....

I'm done shopping for Christmas.  Now I'm wrapping and cooking and baking and reflecting and enjoying for the next 4 days.....


Tomorrow we get to do church and then brunch with my parents....then resting....then carolling with others from church *(but mostly my family).....and then we dive into Christmas week.

I have experienced overwhelming generosity and blessing from my village this holiday season.  Many people have blessed others and allowed me to be a part of Christmas blessing.....and even though we Christians wage war against the shopping materialism of Christmas......without it there would not be the generosity for others who may have less.  I have been able to bring boxes and boxes of toys and food and treats and goodness to families who are struggling this year.....because of Christmas giving and buying and such.  It's not all bad.  It's mostly wonderful.

We have alot of pretty packages under the tree again this year.  We have health and we have love and we have a warm home and tonight it's even clean.  Christmas is the perfect holiday to take inventory of it all under twinkling lights with candles glowing and festive music and yummy food.....He is an extravagant gift-giver.  He is the ultimate celebration.  He is worth it.  Jesus.....thank you for coming to earth to save us.  Thank you for giving us a reason to go crazy every year....and I will never, ever, ever, ever forget that you are at the root of it my Lord and Savior.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware