Holy Week Day 3

 Sunday morning in church, I felt that God was asking me to write through Holy Week....sometimes He tells me stuff like that.  I've learned through so many years of running from His will when I was young, that it's just better and more efficient to listen and obey right away.  

I don't have any funny stories to tell tonight.  I don't have any deep and profound truths to share....its just the end of a Tuesday and the end of March.....tomorrow is March 31.  I'm going to do that pause and benediction for the month of March.  I've started something this year so I'm gonna try see it through.  

March.  In like a lion, out like a lamb....whatever....how do those cliches start anyway?  There are parallels to the lion/lamb metaphor of the bible but it's not accurate is it?  So much of what we do in the world is familiar but not exactly biblical....we have done such great disservice to the Word of God with all of our worldly words....

A few of the things I added to my life and well-being in March are reading for pleasure and pilates.  I've been trying to read novels and fiction and story-telling and it makes me feel more fully present to read.  I've liked being present in March.  I started a pilates challenge March 1 and after the challenge I subscribed to the group and now I get email affirmations and daily workouts on a callender and all kinds of high fives and praises when I get on the floor and do a pilates workout.  Today I even bought myself a yoga mat.  That's what we do in pilates....we get on our mat.  We do things like side planks and head and neck release and stress relief workouts.  I love pilates.  I also love novels and my local library.  Pilates also makes me feel more fully present.  

It can be hard to be present....not regretting and not planning and worrying...but just here and now.  It is a challenge to be present and breathe and live in today.  Here is the nugget I have to share....He is fully present today.  God doesn't dwell on yesterday or worry about tomorrow....the bible is fully of proof....because He is fully here and confident of being present today He can extend that to us.....maybe as an olive branch, or a palm branch, or the promise of an empty tomb.....but He is present and offers us the same.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware