Holy Week

Here are some phrases I have heard recently:

"We were homeless"
"I am scared"
"I'm bored"
"I am all alone"
"I don't know what to do"

As a nurse, I want to fix things, to heal people.  These are social and community issues that I cannot fix or heal.  I can sit with someone who is homeless, and talk about options.  I can offer reassurance for fear.  I can help problem-solve ways to spend time in the day.  I can help point someone in a new direction......but I cannot fix most of the things I encounter every day.

I am so grateful that there is Jesus.  Fixer.  Healer.  Safe shelter.  Peace-giver.  the Light to our Path and the Purpose for our days.....because there is Jesus it doesn't matter what life throws at us. 

How dare this world say that there is no God.  How dare they say that we don't need a savior.  How dare the world say this.  We are in desperate need of a Savior. 

The Savior came.  He came as a baby and grew up on Earth and went to the cross to take our sins from us and give us the opportunity to be with Him in Heaven.  He lived so that one day we could know a life without pain and fear and sorrow and loss.......

This is Holy Week. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware