taquitos.....or not

You know how it feels when you set things up to go a certain way and then they go......a different direction?  Sometimes I can feel resilient and adjust.  Sometimes I just have a tantrum......and sometimes, well.....I just get really really salty.  Tonight I'm salty.

My mom gave me some corn tortillas she was not going to use and I also had some.  They were left from a meal I made last week and I didn't want to throw them out.  I spent time today looking at recipes to use them.....and I found some good stuff.  Chicken taquitos.....cinnamon and sugar tortilla chips......and I planned a meal for tonight.  I was looking forward to it.  I had saved a lot of my daily calories for this meal......when I began dinner tonight, I quickly discovered that the tortillas were rather stale and didn't roll well....they fell apart before I could put them into the hot oil....and I had a mess.  Dinner plans had to adjust and shift a bit.  I was disappointed and salty.

A couple of days ago I stumbled across a webinar about learning parenting strategies that get children to listen and obey without yelling or threatening.....I registered for it.  It was tonight.  It started 15 minutes ago and I cannot, for the life of me, find the link to log onto it.  Thank goodness it was free.  I am missing it.  I had the good thought to share the link with 2 co-workers....but I don't want to bother them right now as they are also putting kids to bed.  Doggon it.

As fate allows, I ate the crispy corn tortillas and burned shredded chicken because I hate to throw food away.  I warmed up a plate for Jeremiah after football and he said it was so so good....because it was hours after dinner time and he was starving.  Isaac got Subway on the way home.  Claire ate a version of dinner I concocted last minute.....we managed.  Roger ate leftovers before he left for a meeting.  Precious and Joe at taco meat and chips.....we survived the epic disappointment that was supper.  Maybe I can catch the webinar tomorrow instead......whadayado, ya know?

Life is full of adversity.  It lives in the big and the small things.....sometimes you hit the home run and sometimes you strike out but either way, tomorrow is a new day and I will get up and try again.  And again.  And again.

Anyone want to teach me to make a proper taquito?  I'm really craving one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware