spring meditation

It is March 7 and we had sunshine today....and warmth.  The snow melted and ran down the street in little streams.  I know because I took each of the dogs on a walk today and let them splash in the snow water......I worked earlier and then just enjoyed the sun and the dogs and moving my body on walks......and now I am so, so tired.  Winter made me lazy.  And fat.  Spring beckons me to be more active.......

I opened windows today.  I welcomed spring.  I dared winter to leave for the season.  Everyone here is happier when the sun shines and the sky is blue and it feels warm.  Tonight, in my family room, I am getting little kisses of spring.  We have this awkward room where we watch television and play games and do life.  3 of 4 walls are windows.....and today I opened as many as I could.  At sunset it got colder so I closed most of them, but there is one left open.  It is low to the ground and the spring air is blowing in...and it feels so fresh and lovely.

This morning, after the kids left for school and I took Josiah to daycare, I sat for a few moments in my favorite chair with coffee and my bible.  It's Monday.  I secretly love Monday.  Fresh start.....empty house.....cleaning up from the weekend.......I read from Proverbs and then from John.  I thought about wisdom....and Jesus.  In John, I read that He give the Spirit without limits......and I asked for that.....to be filled with the Holy Spirit without limits.......

Then I did my day.
13 hours later.....I believe that God can and does give His Spirit without limits.....when I think about my day, I wonder if His gifts made my day better than most.....and as the spring wind blows in, I wonder if He is  blowing more in...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware