cleaning day

Violetta came today.  It's always a good day when she comes.  I told Roger tonight that Violetta wasn't a woman, I might leave him for her......I was kidding of course, but being able to come home from a long day of work to a clean, fresh, and welcoming home is super-awesome.  She only comes every 2 or 3 weeks.....and if I could afford to, I would have her come every week.  Its not just the dusting, and vacuuming and bathroom cleaning.....its the little things that no one here addresses.  Emptied garbage cans.  Dusting under the fire-burning stove and tidying up the wood box.....cleaning out the microwave......picking up all the nerf bullets and dog bones and scraps of paper and broken pencils.......and leaves.....and popped balloon pieces......that exhaust and drain me every single day.  A couple times a month, Violetta does it.  For me.  She even changes the vacuum bag.  Regularly.

It takes my full cleaning budget for her to do the main living spaces and bathroom so she doesn't do bedrooms or basement......and I should be working on those areas tonight but instead, I'm sitting in my clean family room with candles burning and Christmas lights glowing and my feet up, under a warm blanket.  I don't want to go to the messy bedrooms......I just want to feel at peace here for awhile.

Oh, Violetta.....I am so grateful there is you.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware