Violetta......

I have a friend and co-worker who is a mom to 4 children 6 and younger.....with no extended family in the area.  She works hard and likes to enjoy her family.  She has had a woman come to clean her home for awhile....named Violetta.  One of the first times Violetta came to her home, she finished the jobs that were  requested and then just folded my friend's laundry because she had time.  My friend was blessed.  Another time, my friend was battling the stomach flu with her kiddos and told Violetta that maybe she she wanted to skip a week so that Violetta didn't get sick.  Violetta said, "oh no!  you need me to come!"  We stopped by the next day to check on the tired mama and her sick nest of birdies and she said, "I'm fine....Violetta was here".  

Violetta.  It sounds like something fragrant and pleasant......and feels warm and fuzzy.  Say it.  "Violetta".....ahhhhhhhh.

Violetta was looking for more houses to clean and so I got her contact info and asked her to come clean my house.  I asked her how much and how many hours and she said......well.....it depends how dirty the home is.  Oh oh.  Yeah.  When she came to see the house and meet me she pointed to my dining room table and said, "do you have polish for the table?  if you have polish I make it shine for you!"......I was like,  ugh.  um.  maybe?  I've never polished my table before, Violetta.  Violetta said, "I polish for you!" with a smile.

Last week, Violetta came.   She couldn't leave after 3 hours which is what we had agreed to.  She stayed over 4 hours and was sweating buckets......and when I came home at the end of my long work day my  house looked and smelled amazing.  Polished, vacuumed, scrubbed.  Like lilacs are to spring and boating is to summer and football is to fall and Christmas is to winter.....so is Violetta to my house.

She emailed me that night and said she hoped I liked her work and was pleased.  She said to let me know when she would like me to come again.  I responded back and said something like this.  "Violetta!  My house looked amazing!  I was so blessed!  I wish you could come every day!  Please come back next week!"  

So.  

She came again this week.  And was able to get more cleaned because we maintained some of the clean.  I was inspired to tackle some bedrooms and piles in the front study.....and when she came she attacked the corners and undersides of things.....and again....I was blessed.  And grateful.  Yes, I am paying her, butt it doesn't even matter....I'm just so grateful to have a home that feels finally clean and welcoming!  

Roger gently asked if I planned to have her keep coming every week or every other week?  Because we have not budgeted for this...and I told him I didn't know.  It would make sense to go to every other week to save money.....but can I?  Can I part with this weekly sense of well-being and blessing?  My uncle Todd is making us a meal once a week.....and if Violetta can clean once a week.....and if I could maybe still get a onthly massage and get my nails done once in awhile that may just be too much pampering.....or is it?  Is it pampering or wellness?  I'm losing track.   

I think I will have her come again next week...and then try to go every other week to be fiscally responsible....but we shall see.  I may be becoming addicted to something called Violetta and how my clean home makes me feel!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware