to the teachers who got her started.......

Tomorrow marks the last day of this school year for Precious Maryn.  She finishes Transitional Kindergarten tomorrow with a pool party and a trip to Culvers for Ice Cream.  Who even cares if she is allergic to dairy......she's gonna go and enjoy and savor every moment of her typical, happy, well-adjusted class farewell.  This is particularly emotional for me because 2 weeks ago we stopped giving Precious meds for her ADHD.  The med we were using caused her to be far too sedated and wore off abruptly and the recommended new med was gonna cost us $260.00 a month.  A.  Month.  Disgusted by the injustice of this, I determined that we could make it without meds and just use our therapeutic tricks and oils and diet and prayer......but its been a really, really hard 2 weeks.  She has this behavioral issue pretty intensely.  I kinda forgot how hard life was with her since she'd had meds for the past 6 months.    I love this child so, so much.  I ache for how much I love her.....and her behaviors don't just make it hard to live with her, but it makes it hard for her to like herself.  She gets really down on herself and is very self-condemning and that is why I made the call to find a new med to try.  Again.

Dear TK Teachers, Mrs. Vander Werf and Mrs. Van ruler......may the Lord bless you and keep you and make his face to shine upon you and give you peace.  You gave my daughter the world this year in TK.  You gave her confidence and acceptance and love.  You taught her to write her name and read 3 letter words and count forwards and backwards.....in parent teacher conferences you even got tearful, relating stories of her compassion and intelligence......and we saw that you loved her to.

Life is hard for Precious. She swims in deep water as do I.  She feels and knows more about the things no one talks about....and I think life could always be hard for her......but dear TK teachers, you have proven to me that God is faithful.  He will always bring people to her life that will see how beautiful and significant she is.....and help her with the daily stuff.

Mrs. Vander Werf and Mrs. Van Ruler, have a wonderful summer.  Enjoy the weather and your families and rest.  I failed to gift you for teacher appreciation week.....and maybe even forgot to add to the Christmas gift fund from the class but I am telling you now.....you have mattered more than you will ever know in the life of my sweet daughter.We will not forget your gift to her.  You got her started......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware