The Big, Comfy Bed.....

15 months ago, a team of angels charged my home with a purpose....they called it the Kredit Christmas Blessing.....and they made a bedroom for Josiah so he could have his very own place in the world....and they set up my king size bed that came by mail in boxes.....because we buy things as cheap as possible....and they cleaned and organized all the nooks and crannies of this home.  They sorted and cleaned and painted and nailed and did electrical work and so much more.....

I was told that Papa Rick and my friend Deanne Hoekstra assembled the king size bed.  Well.  You both need to know that even though it was a major pain in the butt to figure out....that bed has blessed this family beyond measure.  I'm starting to think of it as the "big comfy bed".  Tonight, Jeremiah asked if he could make a smoothie and go lay on my bed for awhile.  Absolutely, buddy.  Enjoy.  Earlier, I needed a break from the barking dogs and whiney kids and chaos so I retreated to the big comfy bed and just layed there in the dark and took deep breaths and relaxed......it is an awesome bed.  Last night, after a very full day of friends and fun and activities, Roger got home with the kids from our church auction.  I had left about a half hour earlier so I could finish vacuuming floors.  The door swung open at 8pm and there was screaming and crying and wailing and fretting from Precious and Josiah......and they were exhausted.....so I changed them into night time stuff, filled the sippy cups and took them to the big, comfy bed.  One dim lamp on, my diffuser blowing lavender oil into the room, and a cartoon......and mama's warmth in the big, comfy bed.  Relief came.  Comfort came.  Jedi came.  :)  We all settled in.  More nights this has happened, that a meltdown was happening and taking the fretting child to my room, and snuggling into the big, comfy bed fixed it.

This team of 25 friends and family came for a weekend to bless us....but the blessing multiplies daily here.  That's how you know its of God, really.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware