my living epitaph

 If you hang around me for awhile, you will understand that my work and my life and my home are all very porous.  They just have to agree and flow together because they are all so important.  I've been working though a training module for awhile and I finished it today.  It gives me professional continuing educational credit but it also validates what I know and live and breathe and want to share in my life.  

You are welcome.

You are wanted.

You are Seen.

You are heard.

You are known.

You are safe. 

You are understood.

You belong. 


These are the tennants of healing, of trauma-informed care, of infant and childhood mental health, of what it feels like when you knock on my door and walk into my home.  These are the principles I want to live by in all things and on all days....and I want the kids I raise here and the friends I invite here and the extra kredits I help here to all absorb and pay forward once they understand.  These are the truths of the love of God.  This is the reason I live and breathe....because it matters.  This world is crazy and confusing and intentionally dysregulated because the world would have us question every single point I listed above.  The world wants us to not feel any of it....but I am not of the world.  I'm in it but not of it....because I am a child of the one true God.  And so are you.   and God tells us that it's all true.  

Someone creative should make the list into a shirt or a mug or a wall decor or something...I would buy it.  Maybe if I write an epitaph it will say this.....I won't have a tombstone....but I could have these words somewhere....let us all know that we are welcome, wanted, seen, heard, known, safe, understood...and may we all belong.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware