take time to smell them or photograph them.....

Well, we made it.  1 grade school extravaganza, 1 concert and 2 graduations......and 3 times the public health visits I normally make because it is the end of the month and I had lots of moms and babies to see......and most nights we even ate home-cooked food.  Tomorrow morning I have 2 more visits to finish out the week.  Then, finally the weekend.

We will take Grace to the airport Sunday morning and she will fly home.  Claire made her a video of all of us telling her reasons why we love her and tonight, after graduation we watched it and cried and laughed......and we had cheese cake and cupcakes and deviled eggs because they are her favorites.

Next week we prepare for the year-end dance recital for Precious and Claire....and the kids finish school on Wednesday at noon.....and in 2 weeks we start summer.  I still have to work in the summer, so the big kids all have jobs and the little kids will go to daycare and we will strive to enjoy warm lazy summer days and less busyness......and baseball.....in all the moments between.....and I really, really want to slow life down.  How does that happen exactly?
The logical answer is that we do less, live in the moment, be fully present, etc.....but lets face it......that's not likely.  I can try to take more photos, and blog more memories.....but its not the same thing.  Maybe its a combination of both, or something else I am missing.

Tonight, I am up late, thinking about all of the things I felt and heard and things I saw and did today.....and I am sitting in the dark living room with Grace who is talking on face-time with friends, and crying a bit and feeling emotional.  She and I have a good sense of our attachment and I knew she would want to sit up awhile tonight......to cry and laugh and finish this day.  I see this photo of this beautiful hydrangea in bloom....and I remember taking this photo last summer in Washington state when we were on our family vacation.  I had a slowing-down moment that day......and was able to walk through the gardens and take photos and pray and think and worship.......

May we find these hydrangea bloom moments all summer long and really savor what is beautiful and temporary and worth-while every chance we get.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware