mid-summer check in on being Aware

 I remembered today that I had been doing a monthly reflection since January.  I missed June...and apparently July.  Here we are on the second day of August and I find myself aware of it...aware of how June flew by and July slipped by and now I'm settling into August....aware.  June was a full month of ball games and volleyball competition and vacation.  It was also the last month of my fiscal year of my work as a public health nurse and that means there are lots of reports due and documentation needed to make sure we get funded again.  June was a lot and it was awesome...and hot....and busy.  

July slowed down a bit with more nights at home, more lazy pool afternoons and a break from the heat.  We caught fireflies and we cooked more meals at home.  We decided to tackle a huge project long overdue and tore out carpetting in our main living area.  This carpet has been there for over 40 years.  It was gross and disgusting....suffice it to say that I am very, very aware of how unsettling it is to do reno projects at home.

Beyond this I am aware of how much I need my home to be settled and peaceful and restful....and tearing up carpet and laying down flooring and painting kitchen cabinets is very unsettling and not peaceful or restful.....don't ask me where my scotch tape is.  Don't ask me how I am for a few more months.

I have a couple more days to work and then I'm taking the kids to my settled and peaceful and restful place.....at my mama Mary's cabin at Okoboji.  We plan to do the Bible Conference again this year and make it a vacation for the extra kredits.....we are sleeping in tents and scoping out beaches around the lake and planning on some amazing worship and connection with the Lord.  That should hold me over for awhile.  

Be aware.....be reflective.....be present....be real.  2023, half way through. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family