4 Calling Birds

Ok.....so now that we have come to the four calling birds a.k.a.  the Four Gospels.....I can clearly confess that I don't know my Christian doctrine well enough to be writing about it.  I could do lots of research so that I could teach a scholarly lesson but, lets face it, I don't have that kind of time.  Or gumption.  Today I did 5 visits around 4 different towns and had to make a stop to get a vaccine that was required for my work, and I had to fill up with gas.  The warmest it got today was 16 degrees.....it was cold.  I am tired.  Back to the four calling birds......

Matthew.  Mark.  Luke.  John.  The four gospels all tell the story of Jesus birth and life and death.  They tell it from a slightly different voice and give a few fresh details with each narrative.....Luke was a physician so his story is more detailed.  John had passion......if you know a new Christian, have them start in the book of John when you give them a bible.  Matthew is a favorite of mine....and I don't know much about Mark. 

The gospels are what give us our inheritance in Christ.  It is how we understand why we can be saved and have eternal life.  It reconciles all of the sins and failures of God's people, to the glory that lies before us. 

If the calling birds are calling you, answer with the gospels.  Matthew 11:28-30 says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."   from the gospel of Matthew, straight to my soul.   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl musings, Niki-style

Family

mid-summer check in on being Aware