This is Holy Week for Christians. It is the week before Easter and the journey to the cross and resurrection of Jesus. I have a new opportunity this year with extra Kredit. XK didn't have a Jesus Easter before....this is his first. He's been learning at school and so he had a start. Last night I helped him watch some videos on kids Easter stories and he was captivated. He paid attention. He learned. At bedtime we talked about Jesus and the betrayal of Judas and his trial by Pontius Pilate and where his mama was when this was happening. We prayed before bed, thanking Jesus for all he had done. Today in church he watched the kids parade in with palm branches waving. He sat on my lap and watched them sing Hosannahs to Jesus....and he was captivated. He paid attention. He learned. After church we came home as we do every week and I started lunch. He wanted to watch the same videos again....
Months ago, I bought a book written by the great John Piper called: Reading the Bible Supernaturally.....Seeing and Savoring the Glory of God in Scripture. It has taken me a while to get going in it....it is heavy stuff for me. I can read a bit, then think about it awhile, chew it up like bubble gum, and then when I feel like I have grasped a concept, I can turn the page and chew some more. This week I began to read more intentionally and to also ask God to show me His Glory in my days. I have praised Him for the glory He possesses and shares, I have thanked Him over and over for blessings like legs to walk, a heart to feel, a mind to think, eyes to see and ears to hear.....I don't want to take any of it for granted. John Piper said this in the book, as he was explaining glorify as it can also mean magnify....."Magnify. Yes, that is a good word for glorify. But it is ambiguous. We do not magnify him the way a microscop...
Today was one of those days where you think things will go one way and they just go somewhere else. It was kind of like a day at Mall of America. You walk out of a store and struggle to remember which direction you were headed......and where to go next. It was a very Wednesday,-ish Wednesday I guess. The little kids were feeling the same way. They didn't have daycare today, or a play date, or a plan. I was hoping to work from home most of the day. Precious biked to the library and came home with 8 chapter books. She asked me if there was anything she could do to earn some money. I said, "well Precious, I will pay you a dollar a book if you read all those books". She sat down to read. Josiah asked if he could do a lemonade stand. Sigh. In my head (and maybe out loud) I said I didn't want to do a lemonade stand. We didn't have supplies or a plan. No one comes past our house...
Comments
Post a Comment